Charlie has taught all the basic, mainstream, and plus calls at this point so didn’t introduce any new calls tonight. He did, however, pass along the following pointers:
- During square formation, once you are in a square don’t ever abandon the square and move to an alternate square! Don’t do it even if your ex-wife is your corner, your opposite, or your right-hand lady!
- During square formation, if a couple comes to join your square in an open spot, don’t turn them away saying the open spot is for someone else.
- Don’t hold hands too tight - a light touch is all that is needed.
- No alcohol before dances.
- Recently bathed and deodorized is recommended.
Gary Milton reviewed,
- Peel the Top
- Spin Chain and Exchange the Gears
John Hill ran us through our paces. One call he spent some time on was Spin the Top from the Thar position.
Charlie’s focus seemed to be to pick up the pace of his calling tonight.
Please wear red, white, and blue to celebrate memorial day next Thursday.
Mike Taylor pointed out that there are visitations the class members could try at this point. A visitation he recommended for this weekend is on Saturday, May 20, with the Church Mice, David Mee calling. (Salvation Army Community Center, 1515 W. North Street)
Quin closed out the night with 'Home On The Range'.
Nice work tonight!
Fred and the Class Coordination Team